After Adjusting a Transfer in SIM, the Stock On Hand Update in the Sending Store Is Incorrect
(Doc ID 2111978.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 07, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 14.0.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This article will be updated as official patch information becomes available.
When a store to store transfer is adjusted after receiving, it is observed that the Stock On Hand update in SIM in the sending store is incorrect. This causes a Stock On Hand imbalance between SIM and RMS.
Steps to Recreate:
- Make sure that the TSF_FORCE_CLOSE_INDICATOR in SIM and SIM_FORCE_CLOSE_INDICATOR in RMS is set to NL (No-Loss).
- Create and dispatch a transfer from a sending store to a receiving store.
- At the receiving store perform over receiving and confirm the receiving.
- At this point the Stock On Hand update in SIM is correct, and also SIM and RMS are in sync.
- Adjust the delivery in SIM at the receiving store. Make the received quantity slightly less than the original sent quantity.
- Click on Confirm.
- At this point it is observed that the SOH update in the sending store in SIM is incorrect.
- The Stock On Hand update in RMS is correct for both the sending and receiving stores.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!