Last updated on JULY 14, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to launch an Internal Plugin application from P6 Professional, configured for Cloud Connect, the application fails to establish communication to the Remote Mode API deployment.
When testing one of the demo applications in the remote mode API home directory (for example, demogeneral.sh), "Failure to establish communication with the database." occurs when selecting Next after entering in a username and database, and the following error is generated in the terminal where the .sh script was launched:
The issue can be reproduced at will to confirm the remote mode API connection failure (utilized to confirm why the Internal Plugins are failing):
- Browse to the API home directory, P6EPPM_1/api
- Browse to the /lib directory and rename the file intgserver.jar to intgserver.jar.old
- Browse back to the root of the API home directory, P6EPPM_1/api
- Launch the demogeneral.sh script file
- On the Mode of Operation screen:
- Select Remote for Calling Mode
- Enter the IP Address for the RMI Server Host
- Enter 9099 for the RMI Server Port
- Select Standard for the RMI Service Type.
- Select Next
- On the Login Information screen:
- Enter a username of a P6 EPPM user
- Leave the password empty (not utilized when API is set for SAML token Profile and database is set for SSO)
- Select the database from the dropdown menu
- Select Next
- Note the reported error which occurs.
Due to this issue, users cannot launch the Internal Plugins because the remote mode API connection is failing.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms