Last updated on MAY 01, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 13.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The 'process error POS transactions' batch does not consider partially processed transactions for re-processing. As a result, even after resolving the error, the transactions are not re-processing and are stuck in the POS_TRANSACTION table.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Process a transaction with 2 line items, both having the same item number.
2. For a line item in the transaction, set the UOM as EAPP.
3. Now the transaction is partially processed with one item (which has the complete details processed successfully). The other item with the wrong UOM fails with an error in the POS_TRANSACTION table.
4. Correct the error, giving the UOM as EA.
5. Run the 'process error pos transactions' batch.
6. Observe that the batch does not pick up these transactions to re-process, as the same transaction item was posted into POS_TRANSACTION_HISTORY.
This issue surfaces after applying the fix for the following bugs:
<Bug 19338338> - POS TRANSACTIONS ARE NOT PROCESSED FOR REPEATED TRANSACTIONS CONTAINING UINS
<Bug 20599029> - PROCESSERRORPOSTRANSACTIONS BATCH DOES NOT CONSIDER PARTIALLY PROCESSED TRANSACT
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms