Last updated on MARCH 21, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 14.0.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When processing a sale return in Store Inventory Management (SIM), since the disposition is set, unavailable inventory is updated. In Retail Merchandising System (RMS), the stock on hand bucket is updated with no change to the non-sellable quantity bucket.
As per expected functionality, an Inventory Adjustment from SIM to RMS should be published in order to correct the units in RMS.
- A sales return can only be for dispositions: "-Stock on hand" or "+Unavailable". The "-Unavailable" and "+Available" are invalid in this context and can only be used for manually created inventory adjustments.
- SIM 14.0 and later does not generate an internal inventory adjustment like 13.2 does, but it should generate a history record that indicates the unavailable bucket increased.
- SIM 14.0 will still publish the inventory adjustment, depending on the publish indicator for the attached inventory adjustment reason code.
- Process can be validated as follows:
SOH = 0
Available = 0
Unavailable = 0
Return is processed for 3 units and has a reason code attached with a "+unavailable" disposition.
SOH = 3
Available = 0
Unavailable = 3
History trail record exists that increase Stock on Hand (SOH) and unavailable for 3
Steps to Recreate:
- Create a return with disposition code in SIM.
- Notice that unavailable inventory is updated.
- No inventory adjustment messages are generated from SIM.
- Notice that in RMS, the stock on hand bucket is updated with no change to the non-sellable quantity bucket.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms