Balance Group Lock Issue During Payment Collection
(Doc ID 2117186.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 21, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168.0 version
Issue with bal_grp lock when collection actions will attempt to collect payment (pcm_op_pymt_collect) and since billing run at the same time.
This will result in opening of 2 transactions on same bal_grp_t record and lead to a DB lock.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Assume an account’s BDOM is 10.
2. The last billing has happened on 10-Jan and today is 25-Feb.
3. After last billing, there was no payment and so the account entered into collections.
4. Now there are /schedule actions pending on the account on
o 17-Jan – 2nd attempt to collect
o 24-Jan – 3rd attempt to collect
o We can ignore the write off action for this testing
5. Now we move to 25-Feb (today) and run pin_deferred_acts.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document