Balance Group Lock Issue During Payment Collection
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 02, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.0 version
Issue with bal_grp lock when collection actions will attempt to collect payment (pcm_op_pymt_collect) and since billing run at the same time.
This will result in opening of 2 transactions on same bal_grp_t record and lead to a DB lock.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Assume an account’s BDOM is 10.
2. The last billing has happened on 10-Jan and today is 25-Feb.
3. After last billing, there was no payment and so the account entered into collections.
4. Now there are /schedule actions pending on the account on
o 17-Jan – 2nd attempt to collect
o 24-Jan – 3rd attempt to collect
o We can ignore the write off action for this testing
5. Now we move to 25-Feb (today) and run pin_deferred_acts.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms