NewItemLocBatch Error ORA-01400: Cannot Insert NULL Into ("RMS13"."RPM_FUTURE_RETAIL_GTT"."LOCATION"
Last updated on MARCH 23, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Price Management - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
NewItemLocation Batch failing with error ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL.
Steps to Recreate :
1. First confirm that you have rows in RPM_FUTURE_RETAIL with MAX_HIER_LEVEL = 'IZ' and CUR_HIER_LEVEL = 'IL'. Make note of the LOCATION and ZONE_ID of one of these records.
2. Login to Oracle Retail Price Management (RPM)
3. Navigate to Zone Structure -> Maintain Zone Group.
4. Delete the location from that zone. Select the zone group and zone, click "Locations", select the location and click "Delete".
5. This will create a location move with a null NEW_ZONE_ID.
6. Run LocationMoveScheduleBatch.
7. Run LocationMoveBatch.
8. RPM_FUTURE_RETAIL will have record with MAX_HIER_LEVEL = 'IZ' and CUR_HIER_LEVEL = 'IL'and ZONE_ID is NULL.
9. Then range another location to the item having such record and run NIL batch.
Note that batch will fail with below error:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms