Application Crashes with "Error Number 2" When Clicking Various Areas in the Work Queue Manager > Work Queue After Completing Task Within EWO Order
(Doc ID 2119493.1)
Last updated on MARCH 20, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The application crashes with similar, but slightly different, "Error Number 2" messages when clicking various areas in the Work Queue Manager > Work Queue after completing a task within an Engineering Work Order (EWO). The image below is an example of the "Error Number 2" message displayed when clicking on another task in the Work Queue. Step 9 of the Recreation Steps documents the distinct "Error Number 2" messages that correspond to a click event performed by a user.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new EWO order (no circuits are required).
2. Assign a Provisioning Plan to the EWO order.
3. Close the EWO order.
4. Access the Work Queue Manager > Work Queue owning the tasks associated to the EWO order.
5. Double-click the task in a 'Ready' status to open the "Work Queue Manager - Service Request Search" window with the retrieved EWO order.
6. Double-click the record to open the EWO order.
7. Complete the 'Ready' task by clicking the Complete link in the Tasks section of the EWO order.
8. Navigate back to the Work Queue using the tool bar Window > Work Queue Manager.
9. Attempt any of the click events listed below within the Work Queue and the application immediately crashes with similar, but slightly different, "Error Number 2" messages.
- Error clicking on another task in the Work Queue
The issue causes a loss of productivity because users must re-open the application.
Users can immediately close and re-open their Work Queue. The previously completed task within the EWO order will no longer appear in the queue because it has actually completed. Users can complete tasks exclusively within the EWO order or exclusively within their Work Queue.
The problem was introduced in Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution version 6.2.1.b1005. Customers installing or upgrading to 6.2.1.b1005 will experience the problem when users perform the process outlined in the Recreation Steps documented in the Symptoms section.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document