Requirement To Display The Invoice In Pdf Format From The View Invoice Button
Last updated on NOVEMBER 02, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. Run invoicing with BI Publisher, so the invoice object stores the buffer in xml format.
2. The OOTB view invoice button from Customer Center needs the buffer to be in flist format to work.
3. Oracle’s possible solution would be to use formatter and do a XSLT transformation for the xml and xsl.
The user has to generate the invoice in html format and show it up from Customer Center, but that is not desired.
- Call the BI publisher runReport web service from a client stub and generate the invoice on the fly with the invoice POID as input.
- The above generated invoice in pdf format will be stored in a webserver location (/var/www/html) which will host this new file so that it can be displayed in a browser.
The above is working fine and the user has custom code ready.
Customization requirement in Customer Center:
The view invoice button Actionperfomed needs to be changed so that it can take the above customization when the button is clicked for a combination of bill POID and account POID.
- No need to get the invoice buffer here, only the invoice POID for BI publisher is needed, so it is allowing to perform a search to find invoice POID using the bill POID and account POID.
- While running it from runCC.bat, add the axis2 libraries (this will be required by the client stub to call BI publisher web service) and other required libraries in the class path.
So the final result required is:
When the customer logs in to the Customer Center and opens up the balance tab, upon clicking Invoice button, the invoice PDF pops up in a browser, ready to be viewed or saved or printed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms