After Service Balance Group Transfer Opcode, Charges Are Still Applied To Old Balance Group.
Last updated on MARCH 19, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.0 version, Subscription Management
When a service is transferred to new balance group using PCM_OP_SUBSCRIPTION_SERVICE_BALGRP_TRANSFER effective from past date where past date is passed as START_T and END_T and then a deal is purchased using PCM_OP_SUBSCRIPTION_PURCHASE_DEAL with past date (same date as provided in PCM_OP_SUBSCRIPTION_SERVICE_BALGRP_TRANSFER opcode), the charges are applied to old balance group instead of new balance group.
1) Create an Account and service created in 01-Jan-2016
2) Create the second account on the same day
3) Move PVT to 16-Jan-2016
4) Call PCM_OP_SUBSCRIPTION_SERVICE_BALGRP_TRANSFER with start_t and end_t as 11-Jan-2016 (creates New billinfo and balance group) and PIN_FLD_AR_BILLINFO_OBJ populated with billinfo poid of 2nd account (created in step 2)
5) Set the old billinfo to inactive
6) Call PCM_OP_SUBSCRIPTION_PURCHASE_DEAL with end_t as 11-Jan-2016.
7) Charges are applied to old balance group and not to new balance group (created in step 4)
This behavior is due to timestamp_rounding the effective date of the product is from midnight and charge is applied to old balance group which was effective at that time.
Since the deal is purchased at the same time(of after) when balance group is transferred, how to make the charge to be applied to new balance group?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms