Transaction of Unknown Type (TR_TRN.TY_TRN = 0) Results After 'Layaway Find' Operation
(Doc ID 2122051.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 25, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Transaction of Unknown Type (TR_TRN.TY_TRN = 0) is created by Point of Service (POS) for the 'Layaway Find' operation. This is resulting in the RTLOG generation failing as "-2" for that transaction.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Log in to "POS F3" >> "Transaction F5" >> "Layaway F6" >> "Find F3" >> "Customer F3" >> "Find F2" >> "Cust. Info. F4"
2. Enter Customer Criteria so that there are already existing customers
3. Select Customer from the list (for which no active layaway exists)
4. Click "Link". The below dialog message is displayed:
Information Not Found Notice
No records were found for the search information entered.
Press Enter to return to the previous screen and
enter new search criteria.
5. Click "Esc" >> "Esc" .. so that navigation goes to the Main Options screen
6. Notice that in the DB, a new Unknown Transaction (TR_TRN.TY_TRN=0) is inserted for the operation. As well, RTLOG generation fails for the transaction.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document