Same Billable Charge Object can be Submitted for Approval Multiple Times
Last updated on JULY 17, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Financial Services Revenue Management and Billing - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124.0 version, BI - Billing:
Same billable charge object can be submitted for approval multiple times
When a billable charge is created and saved, it gets submitted for an approval. However, the screen does not refresh so the billable charge is still there and looks like it has not been saved and submitted. If you then click save multiple times it will be submitted multiple times into approval.
Once it has been submitted, the page should refresh, as it does for price assignment approvals, so the same unchanged object cannot be submitted more than once (by mistake).
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new billable charge, save, and it submits it for approval
2. A pop up message box shows up saying 'Approval transaction created with id nnnnnnnnnnnnnn1' with a OK button
3. Click OK button on the message box and the billable charge remains on screen and appears unsaved
4. If you click on 'Save', it shows the pop up message saying 'Approval transaction created with id nnnnnnnnnnnnnn2'
- Note that if you manually refresh the screen, process shows an warning message that changes will be lost, but if you go ahead, it does not change anything in UI and still allows click on 'Save' and it creates a new approval transaction id.
- Clearing cache following the client cache instructions in the Oracle Utilities Application Framework guide does not make any difference. It allows creating multiple approval transactions for same billable charge.
The expectation is one billable charge will have one approval transaction id and so this current behavior will confuse users identifying the correct transaction id.
This can bring operational issue for the users.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms