'ORA-01400: Cannot Insert NULL' Error Occurs When Defaulting Expense for a New Item After VAT Type Was Changed
(Doc ID 2122427.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 10, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When defaulting expense profiles for a new item in Item Supplier Country of Sourcing form, the following error occurs:
The error occurs after Retail Merchandising System (RMS) shows a message asking if default expense profile values should be applied. The error is specific to environments where Value Added Tax (VAT) is activated and the VAT rates are changed during the item creation process.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create an an outside location, Landing Port, using the same location ID as the store to be added on the item.
- Create a regular item.
- Modify VAT rates. Delete existing VAT Type Both and add 2 new components: one with VAT type Retail other one with VAT type Cost.
- Add a location with same ID as created outside location.
- Add a supplier.
- Add a country of sourcing and complete required data.
- Click on ELC expenses.
- Click OK to default expense profiles.
- Notice the following error: Cannot Insert NULL into ITEM_COST_DETAIL.COND_TYPE
Notice also that process works fine when:
- No locations were added to item prior to country of sourcing
- VAT rates were not modified
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document