Last updated on APRIL 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point Of Service (ORPOS) a scenario where the stores trying to activate a Gift card, which is already active, application declines it because it will not allow the activation of a previously activated gift card. However, the RTLOG output a THEAD record and two TTEND records that is a transaction with no items. Which is causing 'SALE_ITEM_REQ' error in ReSA.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Login to ORPOS.
2. Go to (F9) More --> (F7) Gift Card/Cert --> (F2) Gift Card -- (F2) Issue.
3. Issue a gift card 600389******9999 of Amount 50.
4. Now again from Sell Item screen press (F9) More --> (F7) Gift Card/Cert --> (F2) Gift Card -- (F2) Issue.
5. Select Gift Card amount say 100.
6. System prompts for a Gift Card number; enter a number which was previously given in Step 2.
7. System adds Gift Card item to transaction.
8. Select (F6)Tender --> (F2) Cash.
9. "Gift Card Error with Option to Reenter" Error screen displays. Click on Enter.
10. In "Sell Gift Card" screen click on Cancel.
11. Press 'Yes' on Cancel Confirmation screen.
12. Application displays " Gift Card Activation Cancel" screen. Click on Enter in that screen.
13. In the Refund Option screen selected Store credit for refund of 100.
RTLOG generates for the above Transaction as below.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms