User Cannot Create Public Synonyms fom Script Generated by Cfagen.ksh: Error 'ORA-00995: missing or invalid synonym identifier' Occurs
Last updated on JUNE 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The execution of the script generated by cfagen.ksh, that creates synonyms for activation of CFAs (Custom Flex Attributes), fails during the creation of public synonyms using the base RMS user. The following error occurs:
Steps to Recreate:
- Make sure PUBLIC synonyms are defined for all base RMS tables.
- Set up CFAS attributes for an entity online in RMS.
- Run cfagen.ksh with option 'Y' to create DDL scripts for activating attributes, making sure to generate SYNONYMS.
- Run resulting SQL to generate DDL and SYNONYMS.
- Notice the error when running the synonym script.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms