Last updated on JUNE 03, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 184.108.40.206.0 version, Rerating/Rebilling
The user has the following hierarchy structure for business accounts:
- At the top level, a non-paying parent account which serves as an aggregator for the paying accounts in the hierarchy
- Under the parent account, several paying accounts which correspond to the different departments in the company
- At the lowest level under the paying accounts, several non-paying child accounts which correspond to each subscription in the department
There is a case where during rerating an amount was transferred from the parent account to a child account without any apparent reason.
The parent account does not have any charge and should not have any amount transferred from or to it during rerating. This lead to the parent account having a negative balance and to a discrepancy between the BRM balance and the invoice amount of the paying account holding this child account.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Setup the configurations for Rerating.
2. Enable: AllocateReratingAdjustments in bus_params_rerate.xml and load the file.
1. 17-Mar-2016: Create an account A with Standard GSM (having monthly cycle forward : $100)
2. 17-Mar-2016: Create an Account B with Standard GSM. Set Account A as the parent.
3. Create Charge Sharing group in Account A. Add group member - Account B.
4. 20-Mar-2016: : Perform usage for 7200 seconds
5. 17-Apr-2016: Perform Billing
6. 19-Apr-2016: Change the call charge from 0.12 to 0.24/min
7. 19-Apr-2016: Perform Re-rating for Account B from 17-March.
8. Check the Balance Impact and the Adjustment allocation in both the accounts.
Balance Impact: AccountA: EUR 90.72
AccountB: EUR 97.2
Adjustments: AccountA: EUR 0.72 not allocated
AccountB: EUR -45.0 not allocated
Correct and Expected Behavior:
Balance Impact: AccountA: EUR 91.44
AccountB: EUR 104.4
Adjustments: AccountA: EUR 0.72 allocated
AccountB: EUR 7.2 allocated
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms