AutoVue Viewer is not Releasing File Handle
(Doc ID 2125214.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 27, 2017
Applies to:Oracle AutoVue 3D Professional Advanced - Version 21.0.0 and later
Oracle AutoVue Electro-Mechanical Professional - Version 21.0.0 and later
Oracle AutoVue 2D Professional - Version 21.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When opening any text file (not MS Word doc(x) file) in AutoVue viewer, the file handle is kept for this file. The same for files with "unsupported format". So some applications are unable to overwrite these files. For vector drawings or raster images, it cannot be reproduced. Such behavior can be easily checked with Process Explorer (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx). For text files and files with "unsupported format" handles are kept by the viewer process.
The Autovue Viewer should not lock the file handle.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Open any text file (e.g c:\abc-105860.rvt) in AutoVue standalone viewer (AutoVue Desktop Deployment).
2. Close AutoVue (it will stay alive in the tray).
3. Open "Process Explorer" and find a handle on opened file (c:\abc-105860.rvt).
4. Try to save the abc-105860.rvt file from native application, Getting error message (below):
"model abc-105860.rvt being by another user uses and is not translated. click
Cancel to cancel the process, and try it later again, or wait until the model is translated "
5. Try to delete the abc-105860.rvt and get below message:
"The action can't be completed because the file is open in Autovue Desktop deployment , Close the file and try again"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!