An ORA-06502 Error Is Generated in RMS When Attempting to Add Certain Items to an Order
Last updated on APRIL 11, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 13.1.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS) 13.1.9, we find that an error is generated when the end user attempts to add certain items to an order.
When certain items are selected to be added to an order (from the ORDMTXWS form), the following error occurs:
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Identify a tran_level, orderable, sellable item that has an item_desc (column in RETEK.ITEM_MASTER) whose length is greater than 120 characters.
2. Identify a location in the RETEK.STORES table for which the item is not already ranged to in (RETEK.ITEM_LOC).
3. Go into the GUI of RMS (front end) and create a new purchase order (ORDHEAD form).
4. After entering the necessary information, click on the 'Items' button to add items to the purchase order.
5. Input the item identified in step 1. Choose a quantity and click the button to 'Apply Item'. [ORDMTXWS form]
6. Click 'OK' and the error ORA-06502 will appear.
Same problem appears in the Retail Integration Bus (RIB) as well as in the RMS GUI.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms