Cannot Change an Item’s AIP Case Type from ‘Formal’ to ‘Informal’ Using RMS Screen Or XITEM API
Last updated on MAY 01, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to change the item's Advanced Inventory Planning (AIP) Case type from 'Formal' to 'Informal' in the Item Maintenance Window [itemmaster] or through XITEM message, the following error occurs:
Steps to Recreate:
Via itemmaster screen:
- Make sure AIP is enabled.
- Find an item that has the AIP Case Type set to ‘F’ormal.
- Edit the item. RMS -> Items -> Items -> Edit Item.
- Change the AIP Case Type from ‘Formal’ to ‘Informal’.
- Try to click on the ‘Suppliers’ link in order to set the Primary Case Size and notice the ‘A Primary Case Size is required for informal case type items.
Via Xitem API:
- Create a regular item using RMS item creation API(XItemCre).
- Modify this regular item using the RMS item modification API(XItemMod).
- Note the error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms