Error "en.error.customer.telephoneNumber" is Returned When Searching Transaction with Customer Phone
Last updated on APRIL 15, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Central Office - Version 14.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Central Office (ORCO), error "en.error.customer.telephoneNumber" is returned when searching a transaction with customer phone number that includes non-digit characters like '(' ,')', and '-'.
Steps to Reproduce:
Pre- requisite: In Point of Service (POS) application, create a transaction and link it to a specific customer whose phone number is, say, (999) 999-9999.
1. Log in to ORCO.
2. Go to Customer Tab -> Add and provide the details.
3. Go to Transaction Tracker Tab.
4. Click on Customer link.
5. Enter customer telephone number in Telephone No. field (exactly as (999) 999-9999 - as it was entered at the time of Customer creation).
6. Click on Search option.
7. Screen displays error "???en.error.customer.telephoneNumber???".
8. Now again go to Transaction Tracker -> Customer.
9. Enter Telephone No. with only digits (e.g., 9999999999).
10. Now the error message "There were no results matching the specific criteria" is displayed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms