Balance Due is Increasing Upon Pressing the 'Minus' Key on Keyboard While Issuing a Store Credit in a Return Transaction
Last updated on APRIL 19, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 13.4.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS), Balance Due is getting increased, and Store Credit is getting added as a tender line item, upon pressing the 'minus' key on the keyboard while issuing a Store Credit in a return transaction.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log in to Administration.
- Create an Employee (e.g., Test) with 'Minimal' Role.
- Log in to POS as employee 'Test'.
- Click on Return and then select No Receipt. Application prompts for Manager Override for Return.
- Click on 'No Receipt'.
- Enter an unknown Item to return.
- Enter Item information and click Next.
- Provide Return Item info. Give item price (say, $100). Click Next.
- In 'Customer Options' screen click on Add. System prompts for Manager Override.
- Provide customer information and click on Link.
- Click 'Yes' on 'Invalid Driver's License' screen and 'Security Error' screen.
- Item is retrieved to Sell item screen; click on Tender.
- In Refund Options screen, amount retrieved to Prompt and response panel (including tax).
- Keep the cursor beside the amount and click on 'minus' (-) button. Observe that the Amount is surrounded by braces().
- Enter Customer information and click on Next.
- In Refund Options screen, Store Credit Refund gets doubled.
- Click on Next and complete the transaction. Below sample receipt is printed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms