smsAlarmRelay Sends Alarm Comment Field in SNMP Traps when Relaying Alarms
(Doc ID 2128100.1)
Last updated on MARCH 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control - Version 5.0.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control 5.0.3, a problem exists with the smsAlarmRelay forwarding alarm comments in the SNMP traps. Comments added to alarms should only be used as a reference specific to the alarm (for other users) and should not be part of the SNMP trap when it's relayed to an SNMP manager.
Adding comments to alarms can be done as follows:
- From the main SMS screen select ‘Operator Functions’ and ‘Alarm Management’
- Highlight and double click an alarm in the ‘Unresolved’ grid
- Add a comment to the ‘Comment’ field and click the ‘Done’ button
- Highlight and double click the same alarm in the ‘Alarms Pending’ grid
- View the alarm when it is received by SNMP server and check that the comment added in test action 3 has not been transmitted
At Step 5, the comment is being sent out ("this is a comment") in the SNMP trap:
It is expected that the user inserted comment (description) should be sent.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document