smsAlarmRelay Sends Alarm Comment Field in SNMP Traps when Relaying Alarms
Last updated on APRIL 26, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control - Version 5.0.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control 5.0.3, a problem exists with the smsAlarmRelay forwarding alarm comments in the SNMP traps. Comments added to alarms should only be used as a reference specific to the alarm (for other users) and should not be part of the SNMP trap when it's relayed to an SNMP manager.
Adding comments to alarms can be done as follows:
- From the main SMS screen select ‘Operator Functions’ and ‘Alarm Management’
- Highlight and double click an alarm in the ‘Unresolved’ grid
- Add a comment to the ‘Comment’ field and click the ‘Done’ button
- Highlight and double click the same alarm in the ‘Alarms Pending’ grid
- View the alarm when it is received by SNMP server and check that the comment added in test action 3 has not been transmitted
At Step 5, the comment is being sent out ("this is a comment") in the SNMP trap:
2016/03/24 15:13:09 snmp.cc 1148  smsAlarmRelay description: "<customer_name> test"
2016/03/24 15:13:09 snmp.cc 1148  smsAlarmRelay opcomment: "this is a comment"
2016/03/24 15:13:09 snmp.cc 1177  smsAlarmRelay ASN1 [00f0] 74 68 69 73 20 69 73 20 61 20 63 6f 6d 6d 65 6e *this is a commen*
It is expected that the user inserted comment (description) should be sent.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms