My Oracle Support Banner

Scheduler Reserve Cost Calculation Preventing Appointments (Doc ID 2128181.1)

Last updated on MARCH 11, 2019

Applies to:

Oracle Utilities Mobile Workforce Management - Version 2.1.0 to [Release 2.1 to 2.3]
Oracle Real-Time Scheduler - Version 2.1.0 to [Release 2.1 to 2.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.


Users report that appointments were not available even though crew shifts with plenty of availability were shown in the Gantt. In the example, 70% of the crew shift was reserved for appointments and there were no POU's. When requesting an appointment, it seems the scheduler is letting the other 30% (foreign time) get in the way. As it seems if we turn on optimization, the scheduler would adjust for this new appointment. The appointment request should only look at the 70% reserved, not the optional work which the scheduler has filled in.

The customer is looking at the Gantt chart that shows the block of time after lunch completely free. So they are wondering why an appointment can't be made in the afternoon.


To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.

Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!

My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.