Disassociate And Cancel Order Without Prov Plan In Service Request Hierarchy Remain as Pending in Database
(Doc ID 2128666.1)
Last updated on MARCH 14, 2019
Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.1 and later Information in this document applies to any platform.
Disassociate and Cancel orders without prov plans using the Service Request Hierarchy are not properly terminated.
If we use Disassociate/Cancel an order without having a prov plan on the service request within Service Request Hierarchy window then the database is not updated correctly. The only way to accurately cancel an Inprogress order is to go through Service Request Search > Supplement > Cancel and Process Supp, otherwise using Disassociate from Parent in Service Request Hierarchy will save the canceled order in the database as:
• asap.access_service_request.supplement_type=1 • asap.serv_req.service_request_status=1 and <--- should be '901' • asap.serv_req.compl_dt is null <--- cancel date.
Cancel an associated order should behave the same way when done: • from the Service Request Hierarchy; and • from the regular Service Request Search window.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Have an Order #1 with associated Order #2 and Order #3 that do not have provisioning plans
2. From the Service Request Hierarchy: Disassociate/Cancel Order #2 and complete tasks
3. Search for Order #3 in the Service Request Search window and Cancel it, and complete tasks
4. Order #2 in the database end up with Service Request Status = 1 (In Progress) and completed date is null
5. Order #3 in the database has Service Request Status = 901 (Completed) and completed date is the date of completion.
Both cancelled / completed orders should have SR Status = 901
Issue causes confusion, as the cancelled/completed orders through the SR Hierarchy are still showing as Pending. To clean up users need to search for the order that was cancelled in the Hierarchy, but stayed In Progress state, to cancel it properly.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!