User Getting Error While Viewing The Windows Help From ASCP
(Doc ID 2129398.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
User getting error while Viewing the Tools--- Window Help from the help menu inside ASCP , depending from where they were opening the Help , different errors were raised :
ERROR list :
- View plan options - Help target US/MRP/@MSCFPPSC_MRP_PLANS could not be found. ( error )
- Define Allocation Rule - Help target US/FND/@MSCFDARL_MSC_ALLOCATION_RULES could not be found. ( error )
- Assign Allocation Rule - Help target US/FND/@MSCFAARL_ASSIGNMENTS could not be found( error )
- View Allocation - Help target US/FND/@MSCVWALC_APPTREE could not be found. ( error )
- View work dates - Help target US/FND/@APPSTAND.CALENDAR could not be found( error )
- Demand class parameter setup - unable to open change session language - unable to open general preferences - unable to open
Additional information :
A) Steps to reproduce :
1. Navigate to Responsibility > Advanced Supply Chain Planner.
2. Go to Help
3. This error occurs only for the 'View Topic' tab and it works fine for other two tabs(Contents & Search) - this is the core issue
B) Steps to progress the issue :
1. Patch 9239095 - Oracle E-Business Suite Online Help for 12.1.3 Release Update Pack ---> MSC Plan Options Help Target US/MRP/@MSCFPPSC_MRP_PLANS Could Not Be Found (Doc ID 1067528.1) , was already applied
2. Even though in standard process, DBAs do not apply driver file($FND_TOP/admin/driver/dbcom.drv) manually for any changes, because this driver files are applied by application patches for any BUG fixes or for any new changes to adding functionality or for any modification, this was checked. The files are existing in the database but the application is not able to use them. Checked if the Profile option Help system root is set to FND:LIBRARY at site , as per : Ref: Help Error : Target MSC:CONTENTS could not be found in the help tree (Doc ID 259298.1)
3. For Application - Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planner - Query profile Help System Root and at the Responsibility level, but the profile is set accordingly at responsibility level, as per : Not Able To See Online Help For Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning (Doc ID 304284.1)
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users are not able to use the online help.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document