Refund Events not Created by the Pin_rerate when Charge Offer of Monthly Cycle Forward Type is Rerated
(Doc ID 2129854.1)
Last updated on MARCH 22, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Refund events are not getting created by the pin_rerate, when the new price in the recurring fee product is made effective from mid of "next" month.
The recurring fee product is configured with event type as Monthly Cycle Forward with "In Advance Billing" of 1 month.
1) Account created on 01-Jul and following rentals are charged (30 $ per month):
01-Jul to 01-Aug
01-Aug to 01-Sep
2) 1st bill generated on 02-Aug. Following new rental is charged (Totally, 3 month rentals are billed in this bill):
01-Sep to 01-Oct
3) 2nd bill generated on 02-Sep. Following rental is charged & billed:
01-Oct to 01-Nov
4) On 15-Sep, price change is done in the product.
New price (90 $) is effective 15-Oct. [End date is set to the existing rate tier (Tier 1) as 15-Oct. New rate tier (Tier 2) is configured with new price with the start date as 15-Oct]
pin_rerate is executed to re-rate the rental charged for the period 01-Oct to 01-Nov.
No refund event is created. Instead, rental is charged again for the month of Sep with old price (as a Debit adjustment !!) ----------> Unexpected
5) On 02-Oct, 3rd bill is generated.
Rental is charged again for the month of Oct with new price without any refund events. ----------------> Unexpected
Rental is charged for the month of Nov.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document