Last updated on AUGUST 16, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Refund events are not getting created by the pin_rerate, when the new price in the recurring fee product is made effective from mid of "next" month.
The recurring fee product is configured with event type as Monthly Cycle Forward with "In Advance Billing" of 1 month.
1) Account created on 01-Jul and following rentals are charged (30 $ per month):
01-Jul to 01-Aug
01-Aug to 01-Sep
2) 1st bill generated on 02-Aug. Following new rental is charged (Totally, 3 month rentals are billed in this bill):
01-Sep to 01-Oct
3) 2nd bill generated on 02-Sep. Following rental is charged & billed:
01-Oct to 01-Nov
4) On 15-Sep, price change is done in the product.
New price (90 $) is effective 15-Oct. [End date is set to the existing rate tier (Tier 1) as 15-Oct. New rate tier (Tier 2) is configured with new price with the start date as 15-Oct]
pin_rerate is executed to re-rate the rental charged for the period 01-Oct to 01-Nov.
No refund event is created. Instead, rental is charged again for the month of Sep with old price (as a Debit adjustment !!) ----------> Unexpected
5) On 02-Oct, 3rd bill is generated.
Rental is charged again for the month of Oct with new price without any refund events. ----------------> Unexpected
Rental is charged for the month of Nov.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms