OEID Studio Menu Bar Add New Page Button Is Not Working When Child Pages Exist
Last updated on APRIL 23, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Endeca Information Discovery Studio - Version 3.1.0 to 3.1.0 [Release 3.x]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When sub-pages (child pages) exist in a Studio 3.1 application, new Top pages cannot be properly added from Menu Bar of the Application page.
The "+" icon on the Menu Bar is no longer creating a new Top page, when any of the Top Pages has a Child page.
If the application has a hierarchy of pages, the functionality behind creating a new page is only possible if:
(a) the user is currently viewing one of the pages tied to a hierarchy and
(b) uses the "+" icon in that hierarchy sub menu rather than the one on the menu bar.
Since there is also a "+" icon on the Menu Bar, the "+" icon in that hierarchy sub menu suggest that a Child page will be created for that Top Page.
Still, the newly created page (by using the "+" icon in that hierarchy sub menu) is not a Child page of a Top page, but a Top page.
Even if the application has a hierarchy of pages, when pressing the "+" icon on the Menu Bar, a new Top page should be created.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new Application (call it ApplicationA), use any available data domain.
2. Verify when the "+" icon to the right of the page titles is clicked, the text box appears to name the new page and to save it (call it "parentA").
3. Access the control panel, and select the Application section.
4. Select your new Application and the action item: Manage Pages.
5. Select the page you created (parentA) and add a child page (call it "childA").
6. Return to the Application and to the default page (not "parentA" or "childA").
7. Repeat step #2 above and note the text box no longer appears, so you cannot add a new page.
8. Mouse over the link to "ParentA" and click the "+" icon that appears in the popup menu below "childA". Note you cannot add a new page.
9. Select either the parent page ("parentA") or the child page ("childA").
10. Repeat step #8 and note that now when you click the "+" icon the text box will appear allowing you to add a new page.
But the newly created page on #10 is a Top page and not a child page of ParentA.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms