NPA/NXX Display Problem in PSR Order Telephone Numbers Assignment Window when Desktop Configured with "Medium - 125%" Font Size
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 26, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
MetaSolv Solution version 6.2.1
The NPA/NXX fields on the Create tab of the Assign Telephone Numbers assignment window displays only the first two digits of the numbers when accessing the MetaSolv Solution application via Citrix/XenApp and the local machine desktop's display is configured with "Medium - 125%" font size. The NPA/NXX fields on the Search tab of the same window behave as expected. Note that it appears there is small amount of additional space for the NPA/NXX, Line and End Range fields on the Search tab as compared to the fields on the Create tab, equivalent to maybe a space character width.
It is understood that the MetaSolv Solution Planning Guides state that "Only the Small Fonts setting for Font Size in the Display Properties is supported', but would like to see the NPA/NXX fields behave correctly between the two different tabs (Search and Create) within the same window.
The issue can be reproduced using the following steps in a Citrix/XenApp environment:
1. Set local machine font size to "Medium - 125%" using the Windows Control Panel > Display
2. Access MetaSolv Solution using Citrix ICA client
3. Create or locate a PSR order with a product where a Toll Free number will be created/assigned like depicted below
Order Number - 1234567
[-]---- Toll Free Domestic - New
|---- IP Toll Free Number-1-New---
4. Right click on the level 1 product and select Assign Telephone Numbers
5. Click the Create tab
6. Select the Toll Free Telephone Numbers radio button
7. Enter the desired three digit number combinations into the NPA and NXX fields and note that only the first to numbers display in each field. For example; entered NPA/NXX = 888/206 displays 88/20
Due to this issue, users that conduct these activities must use small font size; "Smaller - 100% (default)".
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms