Last updated on MAY 02, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 14.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS) , encrypted (ID_NCRPT_CF_TX_EXM) and Masked (ID_MSK_CF_TX_EXM) IDs of Tax Exemption Certificate Number are saved as NULL in table CO_MDFR_TX_EXM for a Tax Exempt transaction.
Steps to Reproduce:
Enable parameter RequireCertificateInfo in ./pos/config/parameter/application/application.xml
1. Login to ORPOS.
2. On Sell Item screen select Transaction (F5) > Tax (F2) > Exempt (F4).
3. On Customer Options screen link an existing customer.
4. On Trans. Tax Exempt screen select a reason code and enter a certificate number.
5. On Sell Item screen select Return (F2) > No Receipt (F3) > Enter Item and continue with Return No Receipt.
6. Observe on Sell Item screen the Return Item is Tax Exempt as expected.
7. Tender transaction with Mail Bank Check or any other available refund tender option.
8. Observe table CO_MDFR_TX_EXM table for above transaction. Columns ID_NCRPT_CF_TX_EXM & ID_MSK_CF_TX_EXM are NULL and '' respectively.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms