Promo Export Batch Output Not Accurate For Non Compounding Best Deal On Overlapping Promos
(Doc ID 2131698.1)
Last updated on MARCH 13, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Price Management - Version 14.0.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Issue with RPM 14.0.3 Promotions.
When the overlap option is set to "non-compounding - best deal", the batch output is incorrect.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Set RPM System Option SIMPLE_PROMO_OVERLAP_RULE to 0 (non compounding best deal).
2. Login to RPM.
3. Create and approve Promotion #1 for a long duration in future.
4. Capture the output from RPM Promo publish export batch for Generic POS. It has the CRE record for Promotion #1.
5. Create and approve Promotion #2 for short duration overlapping Promotion #1 and for a deeper discount than Promotion #1.
(Since system option is set to take non compounding best deal, Promotion #2 is the best deal during the overlapping timeframe.)
6. Capture the output from RPM Promo Publish export batch and notice that it has CRE for Promotion #2 and MOD for Promotion #1.
(When the records applied to POS in the order they are published, MOD record for Promotion #1 will overwrite the Promotion #2 reference for the duration when promotions are overlapping.
POS will report the wrong promotion (#1) reference in the sales transaction.)
8. Before the promotions are active, edit the Promotion #2 and put it back to worksheet.
9. Capture the RPM Promo publish export batch output and notice that it just sent a DELETE record for Promotion #2.
(Notice that no update to Promotion #1 is published. POS will have the wrong price information related to Promotion #1.)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document