Cannot Import Data with Special Characters, Especially When Using Transformation Files
Last updated on FEBRUARY 15, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Agile PLM Framework - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 9.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Cannot import data with special characters, when using transformation Files
Transformation files should import data with special characters
Steps to Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create an Excel, content like:
Number Lifecycle Phase Description
P00005:1C Preliminary P00005:1C
- Create a mapping XML file for Item, to map Number/Lifecycle Phase/Description to Parts.TitleBlock.Number/Lifecycle Phase/Description.
- Create a transformation csv file, with content like:
ObjectTypeName PropertyGroupName PropertyName Operation SourcePattern ParameterValue Parts Title BlockNumber SUFFIX .*test
- Login Web Client, launch Import wizard from Tools & Settings -> Import.
- On Import wizard page 1, select the Excel file created. Click Next.
- On Import wizard page 2, select Item Only, click Next.
- On Import wizard page 3, select the mapping file created, select the transformation file created, and select 'Updates do not require redlining '. Click Import.
Issue: The Part is imported as Number P00005:1Ctest.
Expected: The Part is imported with Number P00005:1Ctest correctly.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms