MetaSolv Solution Utilities (tbs_util.exe) Throws Error And Freezes/Locks Up At Logon
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.0.14 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
MetaSolv Solution running on Windows 7 or Windows 2008 Server R2.
The MetaSolv Solution Utilities client (tbs_util.exe) throws an error at logon and the message details cannot be viewed because the client has frozen/locked up. Attempting to click anywhere in the error message window results in an audible tone. The application process must be terminated using the Windows Task Manager.
- Example where the error message and details are completely unknown.
- Example where error message is partially known, but its details are inaccessible.
The issue can be reproduced/simulated using the following steps:
* Installed on Windows 7 or Windows 2008 Server R2
1. Configure the tbs_utils.ini file with a ServerName (SID) that does NOT exist, but similar in name to one that does exist. For example; TEST exists, but TESTING does not.
;Use SharedIni to reference another ini file with database profiles
2. Double-click the tbs_util.exe to start the MetaSolv Solution Utilities application
3. Enter a valid User ID and Password
4. Select the Database pointed to the profile configuration having the ServerName SID that is incorrect
5. Click OK
Due to this issue, users are unable to access the application or determine the reason from the error message.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms