ECE Triggering Billing Notification For Inactive Billinfo
Last updated on FEBRUARY 15, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199.0 version,
* As per the customer business requirement, Billinfo's in BRM are set to inactive status, so that billing does not trigger, as it is a prepaid system and there is no need to execute billing
* In ECE, during processing of usage for the next cycle, it is triggering the billing notification and also generating new item poid in the rated CDR.
* But as billing is not triggered in BRM, next item poid list for the next bill is not present, so REL is failing while loading the rated CDR.
Steps to reproduce:
- In pdc : create charge offer/bundle/package with telephony usage
- 04th jan : create account in customer center with above package, Bill cycle is 4Jan to 4Feb
- Change billinfo.billing_status=1 (inactive) using op_cust_set_billinfo
- Rate usage dated 5th feb, this is for next billing cycle
sh sample_generic_session.sh run 0049100066 TERMINATE 50 TelcoGsmTelephony EventDelayedSessionTelcoGsm 1.0 2016-02-05T00:00:00.000-08:01 1 14085553434 CUMULATIVE
- See that billing notification is triggered :
in brm gateway log:
ECE should support this case of inactive billinfo in brm. That is, it should not trigger billing for such accounts in some way.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms