Last updated on JULY 12, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Back Office - Version 13.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an item is deleted in Retail Merchandising System (RMS), an ItemExtract.xml file is created for import into Back Office to process the Item delete. The data import (DIMP) process in Back Office does not delete the price records related to that item in the pricing tables.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. In RMS, define new item 100662379.
2. In Retail Price Management (RPM), define a new Price Change defined for the item 3 weeks in the future.
3. In RPM, define a new promotion for the item 1 week in the future.
4. Run rpm_newitemlocbatch.
5. Delete the item from RMS.
6. Run run daily purge and run item_loc_delete_batch.
7. ItemExtract.xml is generated as follows:
8. Import the above into Back Office via DIMP.
9. The item records are deleted from the item tables but remain in the following pricing tables:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms