Problem Adding Network System Connection - PSR Ordered Physical Connection
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.0 to 6.2.1 [Release 6.2.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer informing the following problems when adding a PSR ordered PC for an existing Network System:
1. Connection Design - Network System Associate function returns incorrect Element name:
DAV_CONT XXXXX - should be Contracted Customer Site
2. New customer connection does not appear in Net System's Customer Connection window - not available to add to canvas.
1. Create a new PSR from an existing Order (41190)
Location: Danville Contracted Network
Add Connection Type: Contract Physical Connection, Ethernet Link (Switch - Cust_SITE)
2. Complete order and assign provisioning plan: PSR-Circuit – Ethernet Embed Contract
3. Complete APP and CKTID tasks
4. Open and process ENG DSGN task:
a. Associate Network System - Ethernet - DAVL-NNNNN
b. Verify Network System - Element Name: should be Contracted Customer Site (default from the Template)
»» in many tests MSS is bringing DAV_CONT XXXXX instead.
c. Assign port
5. Open Network System DAVL-NNNNN
Open the Customer Connections window
»» MSS is not bringing the ordered PC (Physical Connection) neither the default, nor the wrong one.
New Network System Customer Connection cannot be designed or provisioned. Customer contracted orders cannot be fulfilled.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms