Problem Adding Network System Connection - PSR Ordered Physical Connection
(Doc ID 2133772.1)
Last updated on MARCH 14, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.0 to 6.2.1 [Release 6.2.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer informing the following problems when adding a PSR ordered PC for an existing Network System:
1. Connection Design - Network System Associate function returns incorrect Element name:
<ELEMENT NAME> - should be Contracted Customer Site
2. New customer connection does not appear in Net System's Customer Connection window - not available to add to canvas.
1. Create a new PSR from an existing Order (41190)
Location: <LOCATION NAME>
Add Connection Type: Contract Physical Connection, Ethernet Link (Switch - Cust_SITE)
2. Complete order and assign provisioning plan: PSR-Circuit – Ethernet Embed Contract
3. Complete APP and CKTID tasks
4. Open and process ENG DSGN task:
a. Associate Network System - Ethernet - <NETWORK SYSTEM NAME>
b. Verify Network System - Element Name: should be Contracted Customer Site (default from the Template)
»» in many tests MSS is bringing <ELEMENT NAME> instead.
c. Assign port
5. Open Network System <NETWORK SYSTEM NAME>
Open the Customer Connections window
»» MSS is not bringing the ordered PC (Physical Connection) neither the default, nor the wrong one.
New Network System Customer Connection cannot be designed or provisioned. Customer contracted orders cannot be fulfilled.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document