Last updated on MAY 12, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Since the ThresholdBreachNotificaiton is a generic message for both upward and downward breach, it is needed to have the capability to filter the message based on BreachDirection. Since daily bundle would be widely used across the subscriber base, the amount of generated notifications would be very high, and the filtering of messages is essential to avoid unnecessary load on JMS consumer. Currently, only the Notification_type is available as a property.
Steps to Reproduce
1) Configure with a fixed credit threshold
2) Give Usage Request to the ECE such that the given credit threshold will be breached
- This should generate a credit threshold breach, and then a Threshold Breach Notification will be published to the JMS server along with other notifications.
- The Threshold Breach Notification will have an attribute called the Breach Direction.
3) Have a JMS listener for that JMS server and have a filter on the listener side so that only notifications having property threshold breach direction as up/down are received
- The user has SDKs sample_durable_jms_client.sh script to listen to the JMS server.
4) Modify the DurableJMSConsumer.java SDK to have a filter like:
String filter = "BREACH_DIRECTION = 'THRESHOLD_BREACH_UP' ";
5) Modify the consumer to include the filter:
MessageConsumer consumer =session.createDurableSubscriber((Topic)destination, clientName, filter, false);
6) Invoke the script sample_durable_jms after making the above changes
- Notifications pertaining to only THRESHOLD_BREACH_UP should be received.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms