Last updated on MAY 10, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating a new store with non-primary currency for the first time, "Zoning Locs" is not enabled
RMS is setup with primary currency as 'USD'.
There are stores in RMS that have the currency code as 'USD'.
When creating a new store with currency code other than 'USD' (for e.g. INR) for the first time, the "Zoning Locs" button is disabled.
As a result, when the new store is created, new zone with currency code 'INR' is NOT created.
When creating a new store with currency code 'INR' for the second time, "Zoning Locs" is enabled.
And when the second new store is created, a new Zone with currency code 'INR' is created if "Pricing Store" is provided. Also new store is assigned to the new zone.
If the pricing store belongs to more than one Zone Group, a new Zone with currency code 'INR' is created for each Zone Group is created automatically.
Problem here is that the first new store with currency code 'INR' could not have the new zone created automatically.
Steps to create:
1. Pick a currency code (‘X’) that is not associated with existing stores in RMS.
2. Set up a new store ‘S1’with the currency code ‘X’
3. Notice that the “Zoning Locs” button is NOT enabled for the first store.
4. Set up a new store ‘S2’ with the currency code ‘X’
5. Notice that the “Zoning Locs” is enabled for the second store.
6. Complete the store ‘S2’ setup with a pricing store that is part of the Primary Zone Group for Dept ‘A’.
7. Notice that when the new store is created in RMS, a new price Zone is also created and assigned to the new store. This new price Zone is now part of the Primary Zone Group for Dept ‘A’.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms