Private Database User (PRIVUSER), Public Database User (PUBUSER), Background Job User (BGJOBUSER) Or Reporting Database User (PXRPTUSER) Not Listed In Dropdown When Using DBSETUP To Upgrade A P6 EPPM Database
(Doc ID 2135070.1)
Last updated on MARCH 22, 2022
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to upgrade P6 EPPM database (for example, from r8.3.2 to r16.1) using DBSETUP, any of the following conditions occur when required to select a P6 EPPM database user from the associated drop down fields:
- The Private database user (by default, privuser) is not showing in the dropdown field
- The Public database user (by default, pubuser) is not showing in the dropdown field.
- The Background job database user (by default, bgjobuser) is not showing in the dropdown field.
- The Reporting database user (by default, pxrptuser) is not showing in the dropdown field.
When attempting to upgrade a P6 EPPM database using DBSETUP, for the required database users to be present in the dropdown fields.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Run dbsetup.bat (or .sh) utility
- Provide database connection information on database connection screen, then select Next
- Enter the P6 EPPM schema owner, then select Next.
- On the two screens:
- First Screen, the Private, Public, Background job users may possibly not display the associated usernames in the dropdown fields.
- Second Screen, the Reporting database user may possibly not display the associated username in the dropdown field.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot successfully upgrade the P6 EPPM database.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document