GL Unbilled Revenue Is Reporting Transactions Outside GL Period
(Doc ID 2137003.1)
Last updated on JULY 12, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124.0 version, General Ledger (GL)
While generating the unbilled earned revenue report for period 1st March 2016 to 1st April 2016. Report is showing purchase fees and cycle forward monthly fees which are applied after 1st April.
1) Create an account on 3rd March 2016
2) Check Journal_t entry for the created account
3) Move PVT to 1st April 2016 and execute the unbilled earned report for period 1st March to 1st April by using following command
>pin_ledger_report -mode run_report -detail -type unbilled_earned -verbose -report unbilled_earned_260416_1 -segment . -start 03/01/2016 -end 04/01/2016
4) When PVT is 1st April 2016 , purchase deal on account on same day:
5) Check the GL entries again
Existing purchase fee entry is updated in journal_t from 10 to 20.
6) Execute the unbilled earned report again for period 1st March 2016 to 1st April 2016 by using following command.
>pin_ledger_report -mode run_report -detail -type unbilled_earned -verbose -report unbilled_earned_260416_2 -segment . -start 03/01/2016 -end 04/01/2016
7) Generate the diff between the 2 reports:
Report is showing that revenue which is generated on 1st April for purchase fee is clubbed to the revenue that occurred on 3rd March.
As mentioned above in the steps when the deal is purchased on 1st April 2016 existing journal_t entry is updated which was created in March.
As pin_ledger_report consider the created_t of journal_t to pick the entries to show in the mentioned period of report (start date and end date). As we have given the report period from 1st March to 1st April, revenue for deal purchased on 1st April is coming because exsting journal_t entry of 3rd March is updated.
As the deal is purchased on 1st April , there should be additional entry in journal_t instead of updating the existing entry.
Is this possible two generate additional entry in journal_t or this is how it works?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document