Oracle Communications Convergent Charging Controller
Oracle Communications Convergent Charging Controller (OC3C) is a highly scalable online session control platform suitable for any type of network or service. It empowers Communication Service Providers (CSPs) to create “customer-personalized” profitable services from a single platform. It eliminates multiple inefficient silos and helps to dramatically reduce the ongoing cost of operations.
OC3C along with Oracle Communications Billing & Revenue Management?s (BRM) Online Charging System enables CSPs to quickly create customer-driven services, monetize next-generation services and increase customer satisfaction.
ORACLE COMMUNICATIONS CONVERGENT CHARING CONTROLLER 6.0 RELEASE HIGHLIGHTS
OC3C will now support
- Oracle Linux 7 on Oracle x86 Servers, in addition to Oracle Solaris 11 on Oracle SPARC Servers
- Oracle Database 12cEnterprise Edition & Standard Edition 2
- Reduce CAPEX by utilizing the Oracle Linux license and commodity X86 hardware
- Supports consistency of platform configuration and Operating System through the Revenue Management Suite
- Optimized to take full advantage of:
- Performance and security advances
- Increased support for management and maintenance of virtualization
- Familiar installation experience using Oracle Universal Installer (OUI), similar to the other Revenue Management Suite products
- Improved security, with customer specified password policies for users of the Graphical User Interface
- Data access restrictions for Provisioning Interface users to specified service providers
- Wider customer base to prospect
- Can now be considered in deals where x86 hardware & Linux is mandated
- Portable Demonstrations
- Portable Virtual Machines can be created, allowing demos to be run on laptops and assisting with rapid Proof of Concept deployment for opportunities
- Able to create development environments on cheaper commodity hardware
✔ Proven SS7 IN service charging control
✔ User notifications gateway(USSD, SMS, email)
✔ Voucher management
✔ Graphical service logic design time environment
The original “Oracle Communications Network Charging & Control” is only available to existing prepaid charging customers. It should be noted, that there will be no further development of the pre-paid charging capabilities within Oracle Communications Network Charging & Control.
Going forward, Oracle’s Convergent Charging & Policy Solution will provide the charging functionality through the Online Charging System components of the Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management product.
The refreshed “Oracle Communications Convergent Charging Controller” with the above mentioned functionalities (in the table) is now available to new and existing customers.