Billing Triggered for DOM Changed Account when Pin_cycle_fees Executed
Last updated on DECEMBER 14, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. Billing is getting triggered for DOM changed account when pin_cycle_fees executed.
pin_cycle_fees utility is triggering billing for only DOM changed bill profiles even if auto-trigger billing is disabled.
The expectation is that only cycle charges are applied and bills are not generated for these accounts.
However, for accounts with DOM change, billing is triggered along with cycle charges. For accounts which do not have DOM change, it is only triggering cycle charges.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create two accounts with DOM 17 and purchase some recurring products with cycle_arrear events on 1st of the month.
Disable the auto trigger billing as per documentation.
- Change the DOM of account-2 to DOM 22 on 15th of the month.
- On 17th of the month do not perform billing.
- Move the PVT to 20th and execute the below command:
pin_cycle_fees -regular_cycle_fees -start 04/17/16 -end 04/18/16
- Verify if the cycle arrear charges are triggered.
- Verify if the Bill is generated for DOM change account.
It will be generated, but the expectation is that it should not be.
2. Please suggest if there is any way to disable billing in this scenario completely.
3. What if one wishes delaying the billing not disabling it, even if cycle charges are getting applied?
Problem is that there can be chances that complete bill run for specific DOM is delayed due to some reason. In this case auto-triggering of the billing may mess-up the complete reconciliation and pre billing process for that DOM.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms