Customization of Bill Numbers for Subordinate Bills
(Doc ID 2143146.1)
Last updated on APRIL 01, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On all versions of Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management (BRM), there is a customization requirement to differentiate Subordinate bills from the Parent bills through the BILL_NO.
By default, BRM designates the same BILL_NO to Parent and Subordinate Bills during the Billing time of the Parent Bill.
Customization of the PCM_OP_BILL_POL_POST_BILLING policy opcode will be as follows:
1. After normal billing of the Parent bill is done and all updates to Parent and Subordinate Bills and items are done, use the Parent Bill Portal Object ID (POID) to search for all the Subordinate Bills which have this Parent Bill POID in the PIN_FLD_PARENT.
2. Get the Subordinate Bills and in each of them, append the existing BILL_NO with another data piece, say a Purchase Order (PO) Number (Custom Entity associated with the Subordinate Billinfo).
3. Point 2 is not done for the Child's default Billinfo but for an additional Billinfo which is defined as the Child's PO Billinfo.
030-117663 B1-560-ChildPO117663 128094 121042 128094 is Child PO bill Poid for this cycle
030-117663 B1-560 131312 121042 131312 is Child Default Bill Poid for this cycle
030-121692 B1-560 121042 0 121042 is Parent Default Bill Poid for this cycle
1. Does the above raise any concerns with regards to Oracle BRM core code in Billing or other functionality module?
2. Any other impact on this customization?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document