Customization of Bill Numbers for Subord Bills
(Doc ID 2143146.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 14, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Checked for relevance on 11-14-2017 ***
There is a requirement to differentiate Subordinate Bills from the Parent Bills through the Bill_No.
In OOB, BRM designates the same Bill_No to Parent & Subord Bills during the Billing time of the Parent Bill.
Customization in PCM_OP_BILL_POL_POST_BILLING policy opcode:
1. After normal billing of the Parent bill is done and all updates to Parent & Subord Bills and items are done, use the Parent Bill Poid to search for all the Subord Bills which have this Parent Bill Poid in the PIN_FLD_PARENT.
2. Get the Subord Bills, and in each of them, append the existing Bill NO with another data piece, say a Purchase Order Number (Custom Entity associated with the Subord Billinfo).
3. The point 2 is not done for the Child default Billinfo but for an additional Billinfo which is defined as the Child PO Billinfo.
Account No Bill No Bill object Poid Parent Bill Object Note
030-117663 B1-560-ChildPO117663 128094 121042 128094 is Child PO bill Poid for this cycle
030-117663 B1-560 131312 121042 131312 is Child Default Bill Poid for this cycle
030-121692 B1-560 121042 0 121042 is Parent Default Bill Poid for this cycle
1. Does the above raise any concerns with regards to Oracle BRM Core code in Billing or other functionality module?
2. Any other impact on this customization?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document