Algorithm D1-UPD-DTMC Does Not Consider Gap Between Installation Time And First Interval
(Doc ID 2144734.1)
Last updated on JUNE 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 184.108.40.206 version, Installation
Algorithm D1-UPD-DTMC does not consider gap between installation time and first interval
When creating master data for a new meter install, there could be a gap between the Install Event’s Installation Time and the first IMD’s start time reported from the meter. Upon loading the first interval IMD, the algorithm D1-UPD-DTMC seems to always take the latest measurement date time and update the Latest Read Date Time without considering any gaps between the interval timestamp and the installation time. The Periodic Estimation Algorithm should then not recognize any gap because Latest Read Date Time has already been set based on the first interval IMD. This causes a concern when creating the first UT on a new install or exchanged Device Configuration on a current meter.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create new Smart Meter Device, Device Configuration, and Measuring Components (MC), where one MC is a 15 minute interval KWH channel.
2. Install your DC on a new Service Point at 9/14/15 10:00 AM
3. Associate Service Point to any Usage Subscription with a Usage Group using Get Interval Data Usage Rule
4. Submit interval IMD from 9/14/2015 1:00 PM – 9/15/2015 12:00 AM
o Observe that Latest Read Date Time is set to 12:00 AM next day (last Measurement from first IMD)
5. Build a UT; Interval Measuring Component:
o Start Date/Time 09-14-2015 00:00:00 CDT
o End Date/Time – From 09-14-2015 00:00:00 CDT
o End Date/Time – To 09-15-2015 00:00:00 CDT
6. The UT will attempt to build a Usage Period from 9/14 10:00 AM to 9/15 12:00 AM. It will throw the error:
Curve not continuous for Measuring Component 791990807942 from 09-14-2015 10:00:00 CDT to 09-14-2015 10:00:00 CDT. First missing interval is on 09-14-2015 10:15:00 CDT.
7. Run D1-SMMTR for this meter. Observe that no Estimation interval IMD will be created between 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM, since the Latest Read Date Time is already set to 9/15/15 12:00 AM.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!