Geographic Areas - Data Length Problem with City Name Field
Last updated on JULY 19, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
MetaSolv Solution 6.2.1 (all versions)
The current size restriction for the Geographic Areas City Name field is too short and the length determined by the font size width. The examples below are not valid city names, but used to illustrate the point.
- 100 "I" characters: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
- 50 numeric characters: 12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
- 27 "W" characters: WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Request that the limitation be increased and not limited by font size width.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Location and Geography Setup
2. Location and Geography Setup
3. Geographic Areas
4. Expand Country - United States
5. Right-click on a State and select New Child
6. Select Type - CITY and observe the Name field limitation as described above.
Due to this issue, some city names are truncated.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms