Associating a New Supplier to an Item Returns a Primary Key Error when Calculating Item Cost: 'Primary Key error in ITEM_COST_SQL.COMPUTE_ITEM_COST package'
Last updated on JUNE 03, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to add a new supplier to an item, the following error occurs when calculating item cost/tax:
Steps to Reproduce:
- Go to main menu > ITEM > ITEMS > EDIT ITEM. Select an item and press OK.
- In [itemmaster] screen go to SUPPLIER menu.
- Confirm that at least one supplier is registered. Verify supplier country under ITEM-SUPPLIER-MANUFACTURING COUNTRY.
- Save the Country ID.
- Add a new supplier.
- Select other supplier and Apply.
- Go to ITEM-SUPPLIER-MANUFACTURING COUNTRY menu for the NEW supplier. Add a new country, which must be the same as the main supplier saved in Step 4. Save and exit.
- Go to ITEM-SUPPLIER-ORIGIN COUNTRY.
- Fill Origin Country with same country you have been using, then create the item cost by pressing CREATE button.
- Access ITEM COST menu. In the screen [itemcost], select any other country in the field 'Delivery Country'. Once the country is selected, press Calculate Tax button.
- Observe the error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms