During Submit Item Process, Error that Occurs for a Parent Item Is Never Disassociated from Children Items in ITEM_APPROVAL_ERROR Table
Last updated on JUNE 03, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
During the Item creation process, if the user forgets to enter mandatory User Defined Attribute (UDA) information for the parent item, even after clearing the original error, it becomes impossible to later submit the item or its children for approval.
Creating an Item with DIFFs (in order to create Level 2 SKU Items) and try to submit the item without filling a required UDA. The item is listed in the Approval Errors screen (as well as in the ITEM_APPROVAL_ERROR table). The Item Parent as well as all children are listed in the table.
Once the required UDA is filled in the Parent Level and the user tries to submit again, the original error is cleared from the Item Parent. However, children are not cleared, and the user cannot continue the submit process. The user also cannot enter the SKU item directl when trying to approve, because an error appears saying that the approval must happen from the Parent level.
So, the only way to continue the submit (and later approval) process is to manually clean the ITEM_APPROVAL_ERROR table, removing all Level 1, 2, and 3 items for the Parent item you are trying to submit. The error that remains in the ITEM_APPROVAL_ERROR for all children is: IT_PARENT_NOT_S - This item's parent must be in submitted status before the item can be submitted.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create an item: sellable, regular, orderable
- Tran level select the SKU (or other Level 2 name)
- Assign country, suppliers, retail by zone, locations
- Assign any other required information, but "forget" to assign a required UDA
- Select a DIFF to generate children (Color, for example)
- Create children based on DIFF
- Submit the Item for approval
- An error will be raised (normal process)
- Check the Item Approval error. Errors are listed, stating that the UDA is required
- Go back and update the UDA
- Try to submit for approval again. Error appears in ITEM_APPROVAL_ERROR: 'This item's parent must be in submitted status before the item can be submitted'
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms