Last updated on MAY 01, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 13.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The 'cancel line item' process/functionality has changed after applying the fix for <Bug 17833871> (a hotfix for RMS 13.2.6).
Cancel quantity under order details is not populated after the line item and its associated allocation is cancelled. Cancel code and cancel date (under order details)are also not populated. These three fields were populated automatically after item cancellation until 13.2.5. This functionality stopped working after the fix for <Bug 17833871> was applied.
There is no option to cancel any outstanding quantity for a line item automatically; this functionality existed earlier. When the user cancels a line item, the system should cancel that line item in [ordloc] as long as quantity is not locked (i.e., shipped or appointed). Currently it goes ahead and cancels any related allocation, and for [ordloc] nothing happens unless they update the quantity and cancel reason code.
This is a functional flow change in this process. The ideal solution for this scenario should be to identify the quantity that can be cancelled in case of a line item cancellation, and populate the fields with that quantity automatically -- so that the system can cancel the line items without expecting users to enter the quantity.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a tran level item in RMS and range it to a store and warehouse (WH)
- Create a PO for the item against a WH and approve it
- Create an allocation against a PO using xallocre script
- Open the order in 'Edit' mode and bring it back to worksheet status
- When the message "Do you want to cancel the allocation" pops up, click 'No'
- Navigate to [ordloc] screen and cancel the item
- After canceling the item, cancel the allocation
- Note that the Canceled Qty field is not populated
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms