Discount Publication from PDC to BRM Resulted in Incorrect Discount Start Dates
Last updated on JULY 04, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : BRM 126.96.36.199.0 version / Rating , 188.8.131.52.0 version PDC
When published some new offers form PDC to BRM without restart BRM, these new offers used the existing discounts, it is observed that customers purchasing one of the offers (using the same discount) was having discount start dates in the next month, and as a result the discount was not applied at the signup time.
The discount is configured to start immediately, but since cycle_start_t of the discount was in future, it did not get applied.
Steps to reproduce
1. Modify/add the following into cm pin.conf:
- cm cm_txn_cache_enabled 0
- fm_rate refresh_product_interval 30
2. Create a charge offer with MCF $10 and corresponding Bundle and package. Make sure BRE and ifw_realtime is up and running.
3. Create a Discount applied on MCF fees to discount 10% of the Charge with the discount details-
4. Create an account with the above package. Verified that discount is applied.
5. Modify discount, make sure mod_t in discount_t table in BRM has been moved.
6. After 30 seconds, create another account.
This will force the reload of /discount, it can be verified in cm.pinlog on fm_rate_cache_search_objects_from_database input flist.
Check the result of loading cycle validity, and the order is probably reversed or wrong.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms