Last updated on JULY 01, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 11.2.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199.0 version of ECE,
There is a requirement for a discount offer that models a charge ceiling for specific usage type. Once the ceiling is reached, all further usage of the type is free.
The attached D013_USAGE_CEILING_DISCOUNT.jpg shows the discount that that is expected to achieve this with. It seems that the quantity range is evaluated based on "Charge" only instead of the configured "Charge + Balance[D013_COUNTER]". which should not be the case.
If one is allowed to configure "Charge + Balance[D013_COUNTER]" as the quantity range expression in PDC, it will be used in ECE as it is defined.
Currently, ECE has the unexpected behavior of making "Charge" = "Charge + Balance[D013_COUNTER]", irrespective of the value of the balance. This is clearly wrong. It appears that ECE doesn't support "Balance" in quantity range expressions.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create an account with a telephony service and a valid charge offer
2. Purchase the attached discount
- Note that the quantity range is based on "Charge + Balance[D013_COUNTER]" and split into "0-50" and "50-No maximum" tiers.
- Balance of D013_COUNTER = 0
3. Rate 10 EUR calls until the usage counter (D013_COUNTER) is at 65
- All calls fall into the first quantity range of "0-50" - NOT OK (the 6th call should have been split between the tiers and the 7th call should fall in the "50-No maximum" tier only)
- Balance of D013_COUNTER = 65
4. Rate a 55 EUR call
- 50 EUR part of the call falls in the "0-50" tier and 5 EUR part of the call falls in the "50-No maximum" tier
- This result is NOT OK (Charge + Balance[D013_COUNTER] = 55 + 65, so it never got below 50).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms