Activity Durations Recalculate When Role and or Resource Assignments Are Blocked During XML Import
(Doc ID 2147754.1)
Last updated on MARCH 17, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Activity durations change when resource and or role assignments are blocked during import. Resource and Role assignments may be blocked from importing due to a) lack of global and project level privileges or b) role and resource assignments DO NOT IMPORT setting was selected.
1. Staffed Role assignment is blocked during import (incoming Resource DOES exist, Role does NOT)
2. Role-only assignment is blocked during import (incoming Role does NOT exist)
3. Resource-only assignment is blocked during import (incoming Resource does NOT exist)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login as Non-admin and No Global privileges except Import P6 XML
2. Import XML containing Role and Resource assignments
3. Result: In all 3 scenarios mentioned above - :
Role and or Resource assignments do not import (correct behavior), and Activities OD/RD recalculate to default value (incorrect behavior).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document