Activity Durations Recalculate When Role and or Resource Assignments Are Blocked During XML Import
Last updated on OCTOBER 17, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Activity durations change when resource and or role assignments are blocked during import. Resource and Role assignments may be blocked from importing due to a) lack of global and project level privileges or b) role and resource assignments DO NOT IMPORT setting was selected.
1. Staffed Role assignment is blocked during import (incoming Resource DOES exist, Role does NOT)
2. Role-only assignment is blocked during import (incoming Role does NOT exist)
3. Resource-only assignment is blocked during import (incoming Resource does NOT exist)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login as Non-admin and No Global privileges except Import P6 XML
2. Import XML containing Role and Resource assignments
3. Result: In all 3 scenarios mentioned above - :
Role and or Resource assignments do not import (correct behavior), and Activities OD/RD recalculate to default value (incorrect behavior).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms