Enhancement Request: Users Should Not Be Able to Add Roles With No Resource Access or Associated Resource
Last updated on JANUARY 30, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When assigning a global and project security profile that has no resource privileges the user is still able to assign roles to projects and the add
resource icon is enabled as if they are able to assign a resource.
1. Log into P6 web and create a Project Security Profile with the following enabled.
Add/Edit Activities Except Relationships, Run Baseline Update, Add/Edit
Project Level Layouts, Add/Edit/Delete Project Calendars, Add/Edit/Delete
Project Baselines, Assign Project Baselines, Summarize Projects, Schedule
Projects, Delete Activities, View Project Costs/Financials, Edit Activity ID,
Add Projects, Add/Edit/Delete Activity Relationships
2. Ensure the Global Security Privileges is empty\Nothing enabled
3. Assign newly created Project Security Profile to a user
4. Set Module Access for the user to P6 Professional, Projects
5. Assign user to a OBS with the same Project Security Profile
6. Please ensure the OBS is responsible for at least one project/EPS
7. Login as user to the P6 Client application
8. Select Enterprise>Projects>open Project
9. Select an activity ensure the Activity Details window is open
10. Navigate to Resource tab in Activity Details window
11. Select Add Role and notice the Add resource button is enabled
12. Notice that you are able to add a Role and the Add Resource button is enabled.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms